Monday, May 23, 2005

Bubbling on the Surface

I started the blog with a comment on the right, but my purpose is only partly to make political comments even though I'm a political science professor. Instead, my idea is to help my book writing by using this space to keep my emotions on the surface. One of the things I need to do is to be more confrontational with my emotions. So, I'm going to do it here. I've been more angry lately--angry at my wife for continuing to expand her projects, angry at my niece for identifying with the corrupt crap at the university, angry at this, angry at that. All the anger is okay, and in fact, necessary as long as I realize that my rage is always overshooting the mark. There's always a rage under my surface and I spend a lot of energy distracting myself from that anger, energy I should be spending on writing my book. So I want to find ways to let theenergy bubble up to the surface and stay there for a while so I'm not so burdened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home